Busan is the second largest city in South Korea and is known for its beautiful beaches and temples. Take a look at some of the following things to do if you ever make your way to Busan!
Getting there: We flew into Seoul and bought a ticket for the Korean Train Express (KTX) to Busan. The ride was about 3 hours. While in Busan, we used the Busan Metro. We learned how to navigate the subway fairly quick – it helped that most of the signs had English on them.
1. Shop until you drop at Shinsegae Centum City Department Store
This place is known as the largest shopping complex in the world! There are 14 floors filled with clothing stores, restaurants, a spa and so much more!
2. Pamper yourself at Spa Land
Spa Land is connected to the Shinsegae Shopping center. I HIGHLY recommend this spot if you need a day to relax. Admission is ₩12,000 ($10.50 USD) on weekdays and ₩14,000 ($12.25 USD) on weekends.
3. Hang out by Gwangan Bridge
In the evening, a lot of locals come here to socialize, eat and have a few beers. The view is beautiful!
4. Feel the culture at Haedong Yonggungsa Temple
Haedong Yonggunsa Temple is unique because it can be found near the coast, unlike most of the other temples in Busan that are situated in mountainous areas.
5. Relax at Haeundae Beach
This is probably the most popular beach in Busan. On the boardwalk, you can find many restaurants and bars.
6. Surf at Sonjeong Beach
My boyfriend’s best friend rented a surfboard from Monkey Surf (two blocks from the beach) and taught us how to surf. This day was so fun!!! Thanks, Sono!
7. Trick Eye Museum
3D art museums are always a fun experience. Make sure you go with a friend so they can take your photos, or bring a tripod! The museum is located on level 9 of the Nampo Plaza.
8. EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!!
Cha Ee Kook is located in the KyungSung University Area.
Songjeong Jip always has a long line & is located right in front of Songjeong Beach!
Comment below with some of your favorite things to do in Busan!
Saving for your next vacation:
- Airbnb: take advantage of Airbnb’s price range filter and you can rent a room, couch, space for a tent, or an entire apartment on a backpackers budget. Sign up for $40 off your first stay
- You can use Ebates to book flights through Expedia, Hotwire, and many other sites! They give 10% cash back upon completion of your trip. Sign up
- Qapital: Super easy way to set up a savings account! You can use one of their preset saving goals or create your own to set up deposits in your account. Sign up